|DUMMER'S GRAIN SERVICE|
N6673 CO RD XX, HOLMEN WI 54636
MONDAY-FRIDAY 8AM - 4PM
Target Price Offers (TPO) This is an offer to sell your grain or buy grain from us at a firm price and designated delivery period. This offer is flexible and may be canceled prior to pricing. This contract takes the emotion out of pricing decisions and allows you to make market decisions in a business manner. There is no fee for this service.
Purchase Contract (PC) This contract is the basic contract for the purchase of grain. The farmer has a quantity of grain on hand and wishes to set a definite price and time period of delivery. There is no fee for this service.
Navigator Contract (NC) This contract allows you to sell your grain and still stay in the market by re-establishing futures price, then pricing out your futures at a later time. The resulting gain or loss in the futures market is your gain or loss. 3-cent fee for this contract. Paid 50% at time of delivery.
Deferred Payment (DP) This contract is similar to a Purchase Contract. There is a set bushel amount, price, and delivery period. The only difference is the contract will be paid out at a later date, often times after the first of the year.
Averager (APC) This contract allows you to price your grain over an extended period of time. Pricing is done once per week for a predetermined amount of week. You can opt. out of this contract during the averaging period and a three-cent fee will be assessed.
Sales Contracts (SC) This is a firm offer to buy a predetermined price and for a predetermined delivery time and established number of bushels of grain. This contract can be written as a forward sales contract. There is no fee for this service.
Basis Contracts (BC) This contract allows you to lock in the basis but not the futures price. This contract changes ownership of the grain from farmer to elevator upon delivery. There is no fee for this service.
Hedge to Arrive (HTA) This contract allows you to lock in the futures price but not the basis. There is a 2-cent fee for this service. Basis must be set prior to delivery. One roll is allowed for a 2-cent fee.
If there is no established contract, the cash price will be paid on the day the grain was delivered.
The cash price is established at 1:30 PM upon market close.
We are a proud Sponsor of Ashley for the Arts.
A Great Event For A Great Cause
- Cotton Gaining through Midday
- Cotton prices are trading higher through Thursday’s session with the front months more than 130 points off their earlier lows for the day and 44 to 63 points in the black. Weekly cotton bookings were reported at 281,281 RBs for the week that ended 3/23. That was down from 310k...
- Mixed Midday for Hog Market
- Lean hog futures are trading 35 to 50 cents higher in the summer and fall months. The nearby April and May contracts are down but by less than 20 cents so far. The National Average Afternoon Base Hog price was 13 cents lower to $75.51. The CME Lean Hog Index...
- New Contract Highs for Cattle
- Cattle futures have rallied back more than the entire drop from earlier this month, and are back to setting new contract highs. The April contract is up $1 at midday. Feeder cattle futures are trading 32 to 95 cents higher so far, with March set to roll off the board...
- Wheats Mostly Pulling Back at Midday
- Front month wheat futures are mixed at Thursday’s midday. Futures are more than a dime off their earlier highs with SRW down 7 to 9 1/4 cents at midday. KC wheat is still fractionally in the black at midday. Spring wheat futures are mixed within 3 cents of UNCH so...
- Beans Lower with Soy Oil
- Soymeal futures are trading $1.10 to $2.30/ton higher through midday, while beans and oil are red so far. The midday losses in soybean futures are capped at 2 cents as the November contract has seen a tighter 7 cent range for the session so far. BO futures are down by...
- Corn Futures Red for Midday
- The front month corn futures market is fractionally to 3 cents in the red at midday. The May contract has seen a 6 3/4 cent range so far for the session. USDA reported another private export sale of 178k MT of old crop corn sold to China under the daily...